Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Urban Terror, Fun multiplayer FPS
Newfie
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Group: Members
Member No.: 683

Quite a staple in the Linux gaming community. If you're into FPS games, this is one of the more fun ones out there. Active community, awesomely balanced.

Click!
PMEmail Poster
^
redman
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

SLF Admin

Group: Admins
Member No.: 2

Tried it, but didn't got it working sad.gif

--------------------
PM
^
Newfie
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

QUOTE (redman @ Aug 21 2011, 08:08 AM)
Tried it, but didn't got it working  sad.gif

What was the issue? Should just be a matter of running the binary.
PMEmail Poster
^
redman
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

SLF Admin

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Newfie @ Aug 21 2011, 01:44 PM)

I downloaded the Mac/Linux binary. After unpacking and giving all files r/w/x rights, I ran the linux x86_64 binary. It started but instead of the game, I ended up with the console mode where I read that it missed several files. Apparently those weren't present. Since I also tried/played Nexuiz I gave up on UT.

--------------------
PM
^
Jcink
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

SLF IRC Team

Member No.: 15

I know it's a free FPS but I never liked Urban Terror.

I'm surprised you say it's balanced because for me, after having played games like TF2 or CS:S I just don't feel that at all. And the cheating that goes on in the game is extremely rampant; their anti cheat system (is there even one?) doesn't seem to work. Wallhackers, and aimbotters.
PMUsers Website
^
Newfie
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

QUOTE (Jcink @ Aug 21 2011, 12:56 PM)

I'm surprised you say it's balanced because for me, after having played games like TF2 or CS:S I just don't feel that at all. And the cheating that goes on in the game is extremely rampant; their anti cheat system (is there even one?) doesn't seem to work. Wallhackers, and aimbotters.

Well, the weapons in the game all have their give/take features, and all options are constantly available for all players. I can't really grab a certain weapon/whatever and turn the tides of the game like in a lot of other titles. That's how I meant by balanced.

But yeah, the cheating in UrT is pretty frustrating. Most of the cheaters are extremely easy to kill, though. But the problem that also arises from that is when everyone considers you a cheater if you have a ratio of like 20/2 on a public server; it shows how rampant the aimbotting/wallhacking is. Though to remedy it, UrT HD is going to be creating a "Passport" system which will give a huge lot more control over the cheaters.

@ redman:

Some 64 bit users have problems starting the game. The defaults worked for me on my 64 bit Linux systems, but you may want to check this. It's apparently a common problem.
PMEmail Poster
^
joutlan
 Posted: Aug 22 2011, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

SLF Founder

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Jcink @ Aug 21 2011, 11:56 AM)

I used to camp and spawn kill in Quake back when not everyone had a decent ping.....low ping is king!! http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/pep_133/smileys/rofl.gif?t=1241899258

--------------------
DΞLL Precision M6700: 17 inch NB//i7-quad w/USB 3.0, 16.0GB, Quadro K5000M 2.0GB DDR3, RGBLED //W8P64/Scientific Linux 6.4 x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 Nirvana: 13 inch NB w/ IntelSSD// W8Px64 (Work;Games)
Nexus 4 //Android
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
^
Newfie
 Posted: Aug 22 2011, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

LOL awesome
PMEmail Poster
^
feedmebits
 Posted: Oct 31 2011, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Member No.: 953

looks awesome smile.gif But I switched over completely to Linux to quit gaming

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nathan
 Posted: Nov 1 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

Member No.: 928

QUOTE (redman @ Aug 21 2011, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (Newfie @ Aug 21 2011, 01:44 PM)

I downloaded the Mac/Linux binary. After unpacking and giving all files r/w/x rights, I ran the linux x86_64 binary. It started but instead of the game, I ended up with the console mode where I read that it missed several files. Apparently those weren't present. Since I also tried/played Nexuiz I gave up on UT.

Same here, and I definitely do not feel like installing loads of extra i386 packages just to try and get the 32-bit version running. Well, not that it matters much, I've never been a huge fan of PC gaming anyway.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll