Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Which laptop would be better?
t.anderson
 Posted: Aug 11 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 658

I am currently working on some project which requires cluster installed. However, I do not actually have enough hardware. So I instead chose to setup with virtual machines e.g. virtualbox or kvm.

Ideally the equipment would be max ram up to 16G, multiple cores, dedicated graphic card (need not high class). After doing investigation, hp elite 8460p and lenovo w- series fulfill my requirement. However, it seems that lenovo w-series generally weight over than 3kgs, which is too heavy. And I am a bit unsatisfied with hp's laptop because some personal experience (maybe I was just that lucky.) In addition to these, is there any alternative laptop would be recommended to give a try?

Thanks.
PM
^
joutlan
 Posted: Aug 23 2011, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

SLF Founder

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

Sorry for the late reply! I'm out of town atm. I use Dells without any problems....Precisions and Vostro laptops. Acer I hear works great with linux in general. Welcome to the SLF !! biggrin.gif

--------------------
DΞLL Precision M6700: 17 inch NB//i7-quad w/USB 3.0, 16.0GB, Quadro K5000M 2.0GB DDR3, RGBLED //W8P64/Scientific Linux 6.4 x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 Nirvana: 13 inch NB w/ IntelSSD// W8Px64 (Work;Games)
Nexus 4 //Android
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll