Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HOWTO: Installing FreeSwitch under SL/CentOS/RHEL 6
MD11Fanboy
 Posted: May 26 2011, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 172

For some people out there, this might be useful. Wrote this and shoved it on my blog here:

http://www.curriegrad2004.ca/archives/56-A-Nice-HOWTO-on-Installing-FreeSwitch-on-ScientificCentOSRHEL-6-based-Servers.html#extended

For some of the veterans out there that uses FS on a daily basis or the clueless migrating from CentOS/SL 5x to 6, the tickless feature of the kernel should be disabled by appending nohz=off to the boot options inside the grub.conf file. You'll (rudely) discover that mod_dingaling segfaults for some reason with no valid reason... Yes, I was burned by that for a few months until I stumbled upon the fact that the lead devs said that a tickless clock should NOT be used.
PM
^
Michael Weston
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 500

Hi,
I need some help in deciding about an SDK (Software Development Kit) that I found recently. It is called OZEKI VoIP SIP SDK, with FreeSwitch support. Here is their website: http://voip-sip-sdk.com/p_43-how-to-setup-ozeki-voip-sip-sdk-with-freeswitch-voip.html
I think it is a good opportunity for me to create my own VoIP application. My question is, would you recommend using FreeSwitch or other PBX, like SipX ECS with this SDK? Which one has the best service?

Thanks,
Michael
PMEmail Poster
^
pineapple
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Member No.: 354

Try to go with SipX. However, you might experience dependency issues with SL6, but I think it should work fine on SL 5.5. I think (not sure) SipX version compatible with Centos 6 / SL6 is around the corner. smile.gif
PM
^
MD11Fanboy
 Posted: Jul 31 2011, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (pineapple @ Jul 26 2011, 10:28 PM)
Try to go with SipX. However, you might experience dependency issues with SL6, but I think it should work fine on SL 5.5. I think (not sure) SipX version compatible with Centos 6 / SL6 is around the corner. smile.gif

Let's try NOT to recommend a VoIP platform yet. Use what platform works well with your requirements.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll