Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How To Install Adobe Reader 9 In Sl 6
joutlan
 Posted: Apr 21 2011, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

SLF Founder

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

Enable the rpmforge repositories. Install the following configuration file after searching "adobe" in Package Manager:

CODE
linux.adobe.com Repository Configuration (x86_64 or i386)

Refresh your package lists.

Go to a terminal, login as root and:

CODE
#yum install AdobeReader_enu

During the install (32bit) you will be asked to import the Adobe GPG, select yes, and the install will finish.

Of course this can all be done in the terminal, but this is the way I did it, and it's easy (quick).

Turn off the rpmforge repos.

--------------------
DΞLL Precision M6700: 17 inch NB//i7-quad w/USB 3.0, 16.0GB, Quadro K5000M 2.0GB DDR3, RGBLED //W8P64/Scientific Linux 6.4 x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 Nirvana: 13 inch NB w/ IntelSSD// W8Px64 (Work;Games)
Nexus 4 //Android
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
^
adebened
 Posted: Apr 21 2011, 02:50 AM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

Thanks Joutlan. In the not-too-distant future I'll be installing 6.x and I find these how-to posts very useful.
PM
^
redman
 Posted: Apr 21 2011, 05:50 AM
Quote Post

SLF Admin

Group: Admins
Member No.: 2

Or, if you do not want to enable the Adobe repo, go to the Adobe website and download the latest version manually.

You can find it here.
Select "Linux" as operating system, your preferred language and the latest .rpm version.
Download and install wink.gif

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Apr 21 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

SLF Expert

Member No.: 32

When I installed it a few weeks ago on my 64 bit system ....

In Scientific Linux 64 bit OS I used yumex to install Adobe Reader. It downloaded and installed both the 9.4.2 (enu) AND the 8.17 (esp) i486 versions.
Required I suppose for some 32 bit libraries. The nspluginwrapper (only x86) is installed.
Xulrunner is also 64 bit.

Firefox sees the plugin /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins but only opens the pdf on it's own i.e. not in the browser. Opera sees it but doesn't open it at all (I use evince now for Opera in SL6).

I deleted the Adobe Reader 8 that was downloaded and installed together with 9 from the /opt installation folder. Don't know whether I should have done this, but I have no need for a Spanish version.

EDIT: Solved. All I had to do is also install the i686 version of nspluginwrapper and reinstall the Reader.
PM
^
amda2008
 Posted: Sep 17 2011, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 813

Download Adobe Reader 9.4.2 rpm package from Adobe website and then use the command yum install AdbeRdr9.4.2-1_i486linux_enu.rpm

Adobe install

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll