> Help with installing printer, problem installing Brother HL2270DW
Lperera
 Posted: Apr 19 2012, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1479

Hi,

I am new to scientific linux, I just installed SL 6.1 in my desktop and this is my first attempt to install a printer. I am trying to install Brother DL2270DW printer to my Desktop locally (ie. USB connection). I followed the add printer GUI, but it does not have the driver in the database. Then I downloaded the driver rpm file from Brother site and installed it. But It still not working. Any guidance is appriciated. -Lalith

PM
^
AndrewSerk
 Posted: Apr 19 2012, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Lperera @ Apr 19 2012, 12:44 PM)
Hi,

I am new to scientific linux, I just installed SL 6.1 in my desktop  and this is my first attempt to install a printer.  I am trying to install Brother DL2270DW printer to my Desktop locally (ie. USB connection).  I followed the add printer GUI, but it does not have the driver in the database.  Then I downloaded the driver rpm file from Brother site and installed it. But It still not working.  Any guidance is appriciated. -Lalith

Hi Lperera and welcome to SLF,

Is DL2270DW a typo and it should be HL2270DW??
If so here is a link for the necessary packages and the install instruction: http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#HL-2270DW

Hope this helps,

PM
^
Lperera
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1479

Thank you, Yes it is HL2270DW. That is where I got the driver rpm files, Finally it got working not sure what fixed it. I have to set the duplex mode each time printing though. But working :)
PM
^
AndrewSerk
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

You are welcome and glad you were able to fix the issue smile.gif
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll