Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Grub2 on SL
Hakka
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Group: Members
Member No.: 824

Is it possible to install or use grub2 on Scientific Linux instead of the standard Grub? In the past I have used ubuntu, and so I am most comfortable with grub2 commands and workings. Also, I have installed another linux distro on a second partition, and the SL grub menu appears to have difficulty finding it. I have tried installing the fedora grub2, but I keep gettting the same error, that I need a liblzma.so.5()(64bit) program to be installed, which I do not have and cannot find.
PM
^
mwhidby
 Posted: Apr 7 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 1441

QUOTE (Hakka @ Apr 1 2012, 04:56 AM)
Is it possible to install or use grub2 on Scientific Linux instead of the standard Grub?  In the past I have used ubuntu, and so I am most comfortable with grub2 commands and workings.  Also, I have installed another linux distro on a second partition, and the SL grub menu appears to have difficulty finding it.  I have tried installing the fedora grub2, but I keep gettting the same error, that I need a liblzma.so.5()(64bit) program to be installed, which I do not have and cannot find.

Yes, it's possible though of course you'll probably need to compile it from source. I've done this and it is certainly working for me.
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Apr 7 2012, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

SLF Expert

Member No.: 32

This thread should provide some answers. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1198145
No need to install Grub2.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll