> Sage mathematics software -- installation woes , question about gcc versions
Ocifer
 Posted: Mar 29 2012, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

Hi,

I've been trying to install Sage mathematics open source software on SL 6.2 on a desktop computer (32-bit).

After creating the makefile and running "make" , I got some warnings but the general shell of the program seems to have installed. However, whenever I actually run

CODE

./sage

in the installation directory, the program starts and I get a number of error messages about packages not importinging correctly.

In particular, this message shows up.

CODE

version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

The gcc software that's standard on my SL6.2 install is version 4.4.5

Upon googling, I found that the missing version file comes standard with gcc 4.6.3

I've done a build from source of this newer version of gcc 4.6.3. My question is how do I get the Sage mathematics Makefile to use this alternate version of gcc to build. I've heard that this will work if I can get Sage to use the right version of gcc.

Alternately, is there a way I can change or upgrade my version of gcc that is more standard/common to SL 6.2? That way I wouldn't have to mess with the makefiles.
PM
^
AndrewSerk
 Posted: Apr 2 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Hi Ocifer,

There is gcc 4.4.6-3 in the 6.2 repos but for some reason I can't get yum-changelog to work right here so I can't check the change log for a fix to the issue you are seeing.

Anyway might be worth a try.

Hope this helps
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll