Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> h/w raid question/problem, h/w raid question/problem
feedmebits
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 953

I put together a new server and decided to make RAID1 array, while it was still building it via de raid utility I decided it might be easier and more practical for myself to use software raid. So I cancelled it and deleted the array via the raid utility. Now my problem is every time I boot and get right before the disk partitioner it says something about raid format but that I can continue. But then it only shows one disk. I tried plugin the hard disks to norma sata ports and I see both of them and when I go through the installer I get to the partitioner but only see one disk. (BIOS sees both then), even when booting on the raid card it shows the two disk, cuz I only use it as a sata controller. I'm formatting one disk via the raid utility, but that's taking forever? Been search the net and didn't come across anything I found usefull. How do I get it so that my installer sees my second disk again so that I can make a software raid via the partitioner?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
feedmebits
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 953

I figured out the problem. The problem was there was still RAID meta data on the disks. I solved it by booting into another distro letting it format the whole disk and then cutting it off and doing the second disk. I am now able to see both disks and create s/w raid via SL installer smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll