> can't find openmpi binaries (SL 6.2)
Ocifer
 Posted: Feb 20 2012, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

Hi,

I'm running SL 6.2. I've installed the openmpi.i686 packages and the development packages. How do I get the openmpi wrappers to compile and run. They state on their site that one should use the wrappers (such as mpicc for compilation or mprun to run)? How do I get these on SL 6.2? I've looked in (I think) all my /bin directories and I don't see the relevant binaries.

My terminal shell complains that it can't find the mpicc command.

PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Feb 20 2012, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

SLF Guru

Member No.: 224

QUOTE (Ocifer @ Feb 20 2012, 09:00 AM)
Hi,

I'm running SL 6.2. I've installed the openmpi.i686 packages and the development packages. How do I get the openmpi wrappers to compile and run. They state on their site that one should use the wrappers (such as mpicc for compilation or mprun to run)? How do I get these on SL 6.2? I've looked in (I think) all my /bin directories and I don't see the relevant binaries.

My terminal shell complains that it can't find the mpicc command.

Look under /usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/ (or /usr/lib/openmpi/bin/ on 32 bit).

--------------------
My personal SL6 repository, specialized in audio/video software: http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/
(can be used together with EPEL and ELRepo repositories) - repository mirror: http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/linuxtech/el6/
PM
^
Ocifer
 Posted: Feb 21 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Member No.: 333

Thanks, that was the right location. So for anyone having similar questions:

To use openmpi (I am running 32 bit on this particular computer), install the following:

CODE
yum install openmpi.i686 openmpi-devel.i686

Then, you need to add:

/usr/lib/openmpi/bin to the PATH variable

/usr/lib/openmpi/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable

Both of these can be achieved by adding lines to .bash_profile file in your home folder (google changing PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Once the .bash_profile file has been modified, log out and log back in for it to take effect.

Hope that helps people in the future.

EDIT: I had been looking all through usr/lib and usr/bin and similar with no luck. The shared libraries and exectubles for openmpi are all found in /usr/lib/openmpi directory. ( or /usr/lib64/openmpi for 64 bit ) From there you need to navigate to either the /lib or /bin subdirectory if you want to see what's there.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll