> micro_proxy, a really small HTTP/HTTPS proxy
tux99
 Posted: Feb 15 2012, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

SLF Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 224

Description:
micro_proxy is a very small Unix-based HTTP/HTTPS proxy. It runs from inetd, which means its performance is relatively poor. But for low-traffic sites, it's quite adequate. It implements all the basic features of an HTTP/HTTPS proxy, including IPv6 forwarding, in only 320 lines of code.

Notes:
This SL6/RHEL6 micro_proxy rpm package has been preconfigured to run micro_proxy on port 6080 as user 'webproxy'. The service is disabled by default, after installation you need to enable it by editing its xinet.d configuration file: /etc/xinetd.d/webproxy

Logging is via the 'local3' syslog facility, so if you want proxy logs in a dedicated log file, then you need to configure /etc/rsyslog.conf and /etc/logrotate.d/syslog appropriately.

Comments:
micro_proxy is actually more than fast enough for one or two users, so it's perfect as a small proxy on a home network. Also together with ssh tunneling and a remote server (or VPS) it can be used as remote web proxy so that your web browsing would appear to originate from another country (useful to circumvent geographical restrictions on some web sites).
I'm planning to write a HOW-TO about such a use at some point.

micro_proxy Home Page: http://www.acme.com/software/micro_proxy/

The package is available in my repo (see link below) for both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms.

Please report any issues, problems, bugs or comments with regards to this package preferably here in this thread or alternatively you can email me directly at the address you find in the package header.

--------------------
My personal SL6 repository, specialized in audio/video software: http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/
(can be used together with EPEL and ELRepo repositories)
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll