freddie50
 Posted: Dec 14 2011, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

Hi all,

I have a little suggestion for this excellent forum:
I think it could be good idea to add a "Best Current Practice" pinned Thread in certain sub-forums.

This generic "Best Current Practice" Thread would have 2 objectives :
1) TO SUM UP some of the forum topics
2) TO KEEP UP TO DATE the actions in order to achieve something with the LATEST software version.

Let me elaborate a bit more on this:

1) Some productive forum topics could be summed up by creating ONE post in the "Best Current Practice" Thread.
The goal is to get the gist of what needs to be done to solve a problem without browsing through a all conversation that took place bellow in the forum topics.
Each post in the "Best Current Practice" Thread would have the form of a TUTORIAL or a HOW TO with a link towards the full originating forum topic at the end of it.
As a simple and random example in "Software Applications" sub-forum, all the pinned "important topics" could be placed under the "Best Current Practice" umbrella and each forum topic would need to be replaced by just ONE sum up post.

2) This "Best Current Practice" Thread would also KEEP UP with the latest proper actions in order to get something done.
It means the posts in the "Best Current Practice" would have to be updated, changed or deleted whenever something evolves.

Hopefully in the long run this level of abstraction would allow us to add up IN ONE PLACE the wealth of knowledge of each of the contributors.
In the futur we could maybe imagine this "Best Current Practices" Threads to be the starting point of a great documentation with most infos one might need on a certain topic.

I also realise this would be some extra work for the moderators but I believe this job of creating and maintaining the "Best Current Practice" Threads could be given to a special team of documentation moderators thus leaving the workload of the moderators manageable.

What are your thoughts?
In any case please keep up the great work!

Cheers,
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll