> Twitux Resurrected, New Twitux, SuperTweet.Net Client
fitlad
 Posted: Oct 18 2011, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 524

Hello everyone,

I’m glad to share with you all a modified version of the latest stable release of Twitux v. 0.69, the Gnome Twitter Client, which now works with supertweet.net API service that uses Basic Auth to access twitter.com rather than the new implemented OAuth. I downloaded the latest source code which was uploaded to sourceforge.net on 25-Jan-2009 and the app never get updated for 2+ years. Twitux is very simple and lightweight client and I decided to hack the source code for the first time in my life. I’m ain’t a developer but I’m a linux user since 2007. I managed to change all twitter.com API URLs and replaced them with supertweet.net. I compiled and built a source rpm package for el6 then I rebuilt the packages for my new notebook that comes with x86_64 arch. I tested the new Twitux on my machine and it works like charm. Once I launched it, my home timeline loaded in no time, I can tweet, receive tweets, and add friends, etc. I would like everyone who misses this little app after the implementation of the OAuth to enjoy reusing it. Twitux Resurrected.

N.B. remember to sign-up with supertweet.net and get your new credentials before using Twitux.
Also, you should change the home_timeline value before using the app via the GUI tool gconf-editor
go to /apps/twitux/tweets/home_timeline then change the value from
http://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline.xml
to
http://api.supertweet.net/1/statuses/friends_timeline.xml

Enjoy biggrin.gif

twitux-0.69-4.el6.x86_64.rpm
twitux-debuginfo-0.69-4.el6.x86_64.rpm
twitux-0.69-4.el6.src.rpm
twitux-0.69.tar.bz2
PM
^
helikaon
 Posted: Oct 19 2011, 04:49 AM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Hi,
although I don't use it (i'm not on twitter), i'm sure there is a bunch of ppl that will appreciate your efforts.
Good job! smile.gif

cheers,

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
fitlad
 Posted: Oct 22 2011, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 524

QUOTE (helikaon @ Oct 19 2011, 07:49 AM)
Hi,
although I don't use it (i'm not on twitter), i'm sure there is a bunch of ppl that will appreciate your efforts.
Good job!  smile.gif

cheers,

@helikaon thanks for the reply. I hope everyone in the Linux community will find my work useful. While I was testing Twitux after posting this thread. I noticed that there was a bug in the application related to view direct messages sent by users to followers. I fixed the source code files again, recompiled and built new rpm packages. I tested Twitux and I can confirm that the bug has been fixed. Also, I tested all the other features to make sure that all options in the app work with supertweet.net and I can confirm everything works as it should be. The new files link have been posted in this thread. Enjoy
PM
^
feedmebits
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Member No.: 953

Thanks smile.gif I installed it and tried to connect but I get error message: "access denied, http communication error" . I'm 100% my password is right. I think I know what the problem is though, I'm running a proxy on my pc. I had to configure my proxy to let my pidgin/msn through too using a port. What port does twitux use?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll