Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> SL 7.2 Network Install -- Network Not Detected
bob p
 Posted: Sep 14 2016, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3756

Having some troulbe trying to install SL 7.2.

1. I Tried installing via the SL 7.2 KDE Live DVD, but Anaconda won't recognize either my USB Logitech Mouse or my USB Microsoft Intellimouse; although both mice work during kernel boot (LEDs are on in the mice) they get shut off when Anaconda takes over. In addition, the Software > Context reports that no network connection is available. Aargh.

2. I tried installing via the SL 7.2 Network Install CD, hoping that i could get a text mode install to avoid the GUI/dead mouse problem. Once again I ended up being stuck in the GUI without mouse support. Making matters worse the Software > Context menu still displayed "Network Not Connected" with an error message "Network connection needed to fetch data."

Of course, a NIC was present that worked just fine with my other linux distro (F24); only the SL 7.2 installation media refused to recognize the motherboard's Realtek NIC as well as the add-in card:

CODE
lspci | grep Ethernet
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
05:07.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8169 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 10)

I understand that in SL 7.2 the network interfaces are not enabled by default, but this seems rather inconvenient when using the Network Install CD.

Suggestions?
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll