Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Installation of SL 7.2, Why i can`t install SL 7.2
Volodymyr Kirichinets
 Posted: Mar 22 2016, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3581

I was download SL 7.2.. When i try to install: first start installation menu, in menu i choose install SL 7.2, and start installations, but then error. And i try 3 days, download from different mirrors 2 iso, create 2 different disks with iso images, and more other... What is wrong? i have SL5, SL6, SL7, SL7.1 images - no problems with installation.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
^
wiliamvw
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 3625

QUOTE (Volodymyr Kirichinets @ Mar 22 2016, 05:45 PM)
I was download SL 7.2.. When i try to install: first start installation menu, in menu i choose install SL 7.2, and start installations, but then error. And i try 3 days, download from different mirrors 2 iso, create 2 different disks with iso images, and more other... What is wrong? i have SL5, SL6, SL7, SL7.1 images - no problems with installation.

Have same problem with 7.2 [and used both burned download and a purchased dvd]; believe there is something wrong with the coding for install on 7.2.
PM
^
Volodymyr Kirichinets
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 3581

I tried 3 discs (DVD) - nothing. Now still use 7.1, may be next version resolve this problem.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
^
helikaon
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 4

Hi,
not sure what the problem is - maybe you could try and write an email to SL mailing list, to get attention od devs.

But as a workaround you could try to install SL from 7.1 dvd and then run update:

CODE

yum update --releasever=7.2

cheers :-)

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll