Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Router: MoFi 4500 4GXeLTE-V2, Sim2
kenmorgan
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1782

I have just had the above-named router installed. The MoFi Web site did not have any manual or documentation to download. Everything is working, but I wanted to make a few changes in the router's dashboard.

Is anyone familiar with this router? If a couple of you respond positively, I'll post my questions.

biggrin.gif

Thanks so much.

Ken

--------------------
Ken
CentOS 6
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
burakkucat
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 14

No, I am not aware of that device. However I was able to find a 59 page document that appears to be a User Manual --

http://mofinetwork.com/files/MOFI4500_4GXeLTE_SIM4_User_Manual.pdf

Then there is some documentation relating to recovery mode --

http://mofinetwork.com/firmware/mofi4500v2/MOFI_RECOVERY_MOFI4500_models.pdf

--------------------
user posted image 100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.
PMUsers Website
^
kenmorgan
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Thanks so much! I'll dig into that.

Ken

--------------------
Ken
CentOS 6
^
kenmorgan
 Posted: May 20 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Again, burakkucat, thanks for the URL to the router's manual. I did a number of word searches to find the information I needed to solve the problems I'm having. For example, when I log into the router's dashboard, one heading in the main menu on the left column is "Network." A submenu item under "Network" is "DHCP." When that page comes up, the full title of the page is "DHCP and DNS." That page is divided up into "DHCP-Server," "Active Leases," and "Static Leases." So I did a word-search in the manual on each of these three terms, and even just the word "Lease," and nothing came up on any of the searches.

Sorry for that lengthy paragraph. I said all that to say this: I could not find any help in that manual. Maybe it's because the manual was for "SIM4" while my router is "SIM2." I sure hope some of you are familiar with this MOFI 4500 modem/router combination. I desperately need help.

There are several problems I need to solve for my home, two-computer network. The MOFI modem/router has an ethernet cable that goes into a Netgear 5-port switch. Before getting this MOFI 4500, I had Charter as my ISP and had a network that met all our needs with a cable modem and a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz router. (I shut the wireless feature off--I do everything hard-wired.)

Okay now for the first problem. The two computers in our home network are used by my wife and I to maintain the Web sites I've developed. So it is absolutely essential that the mount command works. I've never had any trouble mounting a directory of one computer onto the other--until MOFI. Here's the syntax that always used to work with the LINKSYS router; now it just hangs:

CODE

[root@localhost1 kmorgan]# mount -t nfs localhost2.localdomain:/home /mnt/localhost2

Here are the alternative "guesses" I've tried and the result:

CODE

[root@localhost1 kmorgan]# mount -t nfs localhost2.lan:/home /mnt/localhost2
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting localhost2.lan:/home

CODE

mount -t nfs 192.168.10.100.lan:/home /mnt/localhost2
mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server 192.168.10.100.lan: Name or service not known

CODE

[root@localhost1 kmorgan]# mount -t nfs 192.168.10.100:/home /mnt/localhost2
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.10.100:/home

Note: 192.168.10.100 is the current IP address assigned by the DHCP server on the MOFI router ("Active Leases"). The "System eth0", "IPv4 Settings" on both computers is "Automatic (DHCP)." With the LINKSYS router, I always used fixed IP addresses for both computers.

Does anyone have some experience with the MOFI 4500 modem/router and can give me any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Ken

--------------------
Ken
CentOS 6
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll