Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> SL7: Problem mounting WD My Book USB3 drive
gjakob
 Posted: Jan 5 2015, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 237

Recently I moved from the latest SL6.x to SL7, since I wanted to use GUI applications that depend on newer graphics libraries such as GTK3, qt > 4.7, etc.

With SL7, however, I encountered a problem for which I have not found a solution yet:

My external Western Digital "My Book" USB 3 hard drive, which previously mounted with gvfs under SL6.x automatically, does no longer mount automatically when I plug it in while the gnome3 or mate desktop is running. In this case, it has to be mounted by root with the usual mount -t ntfs-3g..... (etc.) command.

However, the drive does automatically mount when it has been plugged in already during the boot process.

The command blkid applied to the respective drive partition outputs the following information:
CODE

/dev/sdg1: LABEL="MyBook" UUID="000228CE0228CA8C" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="55c93b30-9992-4cb9-bbe5-46f0410f3690"

I suspect the problem being related to some kind of conflict between systemd (which contains udev) and udisk2....

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this issue?

PM
^
JohnVV
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 12:43 AM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1124

I have one of those GPT and ext4 formatted

looks like you need to write a udev rule using the Device NAME and not the uuid ###

i had to do that with opensuse
but seeing as i keep it plugged in it is mounted on boot
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll