|This forum is proudly powered by Scientific Linux 6||SL website Download SL Help Search Members|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: May 29 2013, 02:02 PM
Member No.: 2523
Joined: 28-May 13
Kernel return eth0 link is not ready after boot up (SL6.4 / fedora 15 etc) ...
- It occur only when BIOS/UEFI set power on by lan / pci devices
- and send a magic packet to the built-in nic mac address by e.g. ether-wake
- Dracut debug / dmesg return the link is not ready
- ethtool -s can't change the status of eth0
- eth0 is on-board Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet
- motherboard is ASRock H61M/U3S3
- modules atl1c is used for the built-in lan
- though if addr / ifconfig return information which seems normal, ethtool return speed / duplex etc unknown!
- rmmod + modprobe atl1c can't reset the eth and it is still not usable
- booting into XP make the nic works again
- rebooting into SL and the nic works again
- shut down the system and wake to boot it up into SL6 by magic packet make the nic dead again
- boot into XP make the nic works again
- disabling BIOS/UEFI power on by lan/pci devices make SL6 boot up with a working nic again !
Googling around for a numbers of day without any remedy. Help any one could help. Thanks in advance.
Posted: Jul 29 2015, 08:24 PM
Member No.: 3506
Joined: 29-July 15
Hi, did you resolve this issue? i have the same problem. Except that the lan only comes up after i unplug the pc while shutdown from ac. When not doing this its not coming up in neither linux/windows/osx.