> world of warcraft install guide
theskybo
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 02:20 AM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Group: Members
Member No.: 2325

my first guide.
Installing world of warcraft in four steps.

you will need to enable epel repos. (remeber to disable it as soon as your finished.
step one: yum install wine. and config it. set it to windows xp.

step two: on a seperate windows computers with the version of world of warcraft installed on it, copy that folder to a flash drive.
be patient this make take awhile if your not on usb3.0

step three: on your linux box go to home and show hidden files (ctrl+h) and look for the folder .wine
go in that folder and look for the fake c_drive folder >program files and simply drag the world of warcraft folder from your usb drive to that folder.

after go in folder. config your realmlist to the private server. there are huge lists on web.

step four?: right click on the wow.exe icon in the world of warcraft folder and click run with wine.

enjoy

--------------------
lame nil and full of idiocy i am..
PMEmail Poster
^
theskybo
 Posted: Mar 20 2014, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Member No.: 2325

It appears its simple as installing Bloodshed Dev-C++ on a windows 7 computer and dragging the devv cpp folder to a usb. then drag plug in the usb drive to sl6. drag devv cpp again to the .wine fake c__drive.

Ran with wine. it booted. ran the first time config. parasing cache .etc
im exicted to take my knowledge i gained from MIT.ocw.openwarecourse and apply it in real time now that i have more then just python and eclipse. smile.gif

I wonder what other windows packages i can simply drag to wine drive ?

--------------------
lame nil and full of idiocy i am..
PMEmail Poster
^
inittux
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

Member No.: 953

I use crossoverlinux the run wow under on my desktop(debian). Is something similar to wine and they contribute alot into the opensource version of wine.

--------------------
PM
^
otach
 Posted: Apr 12 2015, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 3095

QUOTE (theskybo @ Mar 15 2014, 02:20 AM)
my first guide.
Installing world of warcraft in four steps.

you will need to enable epel repos. (remeber to disable it as soon as your finished.
step one: yum install wine. and config it. set it to windows xp.

step two: on a seperate windows computers with the version of world of warcraft installed on it, copy that folder to a flash drive.
be patient this make take awhile if your not on usb3.0

step three: on your linux box go to home and show hidden files (ctrl+h) and look for the folder .wine
go in that folder and look for the fake c_drive folder >program files and simply drag the world of warcraft folder from your usb drive to that folder.

after go in folder. config your realmlist to the private server. there are huge lists on web.

step four?: right click on the wow.exe icon in the world of warcraft folder and click run with wine.

enjoy

good first guide biggrin.gif. keep up the good work man.

--------------------
My life is my message. - Mahatma Gandhi
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll