Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Routing Traffic
makaveli0129
 Posted: Jul 29 2014, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3177

Ok so here is the thing. I work from home frequently and i want to be able to use my Linux computer at home through my corporate computer.

I'm running sl6 which is hard wired to a router with DD-WRT. My work laptop is windows 7 and is also hard wired and connected to the same router. What i want to do is redirect all network traffic from my SL6 computer through the work computer and over the VPN connection on the windows machine. The end goal is to be able to basically get on the VPN network in linux instead of windows. Thus making my job 10 times easier and faster and i don't have to go between 2 computers and what not. Any idea of how to do this or if it is even possible?
PM
^
helikaon
 Posted: Jul 30 2014, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (makaveli0129 @ Jul 29 2014, 09:46 PM)
Ok so here is the thing. I work from home frequently and i want to be able to use my Linux computer at home through my corporate computer.

I'm running sl6 which is hard wired to a router with DD-WRT. My work laptop is windows 7 and is also hard wired and connected to the same router. What i want to do is redirect all network traffic from my SL6 computer through the work computer and over the VPN connection on the windows machine. The end goal is to be able to basically get on the VPN network in linux instead of windows. Thus making my job 10 times easier and faster and i don't have to go between 2 computers and what not. Any idea of how to do this or if it is even possible?

Hi,
couple of points (if i understand it right) :]
- you have VPN client + certificates installed on the Windows 7 laptop, as you say
- you want to use your SL6 home PC through windows laptop established VPN

--> this means you'd have to somehow change routing table, firewall etc on the windows laptop to enable your SL6 PC to access the network there, which SL6 linux forum is not the right place to ask for advice - you need to find some windows forum

--> try to google e.g. "share vpn connection windows" or something like that, there is lots of guides ... :]

cheers,

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll