Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ASUS USB-N13 (rt3070sta) Problems, ...with network manager
luaman
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2912

I've looked at everything covering the "rt3070sta" or Ralink 3070 drivers and installed them correctly...

...but none of these procedures mention "Network"
specifically what rt3070sta is listed as...

(I've done modprobe to it many times, its already installed and compiled)

also, i can't post a console log as the problem rests within the only linux computer in my house and it's far, far away from the nearest router

help?
PM
^
burakkucat
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 14

If it were a PCI-bus based device, invoke lspci -nn | grep -i net and note the output produced, paying particular attention to the Vendor:Device ID pairing.

Using my laptop as an example --

CODE

[Duo2 ~]$ lspci -nn | grep -i net
09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5761e Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [14e4:1680] (rev 10)
0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 [8086:4235]
[Duo2 ~]$

For the Broadcom (wired) interface, the Vendor:Device ID pairing is [14e4:1680] and for the Intel (wireless) interface, it is [8086:4235].

As it is a USB based device, plug the device in, invoke lsusb, note the output produced, unplug the device, re-invoke lsusb and compare the output with that previously produced. The difference will be that for the wireless device. Once again, note the Vendor:Device ID pairing.

Now go to the ELRepo Project's Device IDs page and search for that Vendor:Device ID pairing. If found, it will show which kmod package should provide the driver module to support your wireless device.

--------------------
user posted image 100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.
PMUsers Website
^
luaman
 Posted: Jan 22 2014, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2912

I can't install rpms due to missing stuff
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll