Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Qt interface and GEANT4, LD_LIBRARY PATH
FoxWise
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3788

I have kind of problem and hope for help.
I have installed GEANT4 and when I try to start example it shows an error:

CODE

exampleB1: error while loading shared libraries: libG4Tree.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found the way to that libG4Tree.so and added this tex to my ~/.bashrc file:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib64
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Trying to launch the example again. And here is another error.

CODE
exampleB1: /lib64/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/local/lib64/libG4OpenGL.so)
exampleB1: /lib64/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/local/lib64/libG4interfaces.so)

The only solution I found in the internet is to change LD_LIBRARY PATH to another which contains libraries from Qt.. In other words to ../Qt/../lib
But then I receive 1st error back.

How can i solve it? I`ve tried to make two LD_LIBRARY PATHs but it understands only last from those.

I thought about installing Qt through package manager,it would install libraries where they should be, but I am not sure how to do it correct. Because my
CODE
yum search qt
and
CODE
yum install qt

shows nothing. I guess I dont have appropriate repository or something.
I am kinda new user of linux, so sorry for stupid questions if there are.
PMEmail Poster
^
Tshlin
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 3822

I'm no expert either but I think the Qt version that comes with the installation is 4.8.5, search for libQt5Core.so.5 to see if you have it somewhere (I have that library in /usr/lib64/ for example) and if you don't have it you can try getting it with:

CODE
yum install qt5-qtbase

But I'm afraid that the Qt5 version in the repository is 5.6.1 not the 5.7 you need, perhaps it will work but if it doesn't maybe you will have to download the most recent Qt version from their website https://www.qt.io/download-open-source
PM
^
FoxWise
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 3788

QUOTE (Tshlin @ Feb 5 2017, 02:31 AM)
I'm no expert either but I think ...

I have installed Qt from their official site. I added second path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in bashrc file and it solved the problem with the mentioned error. But I got another one..
When I launch B1 example it shows:

CODE
Available UI session types: [ Qt, Xm, GAG, tcsh, csh ]
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb"
in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted (core dumped)

I found similar problem in internet
here
But I have libQt5DBus.so.5,libQt5Core.so.5,libQt5Gui.so.5 files in library path and... I do not understand what the problem again..
Anyway thanks Tshlin for answer
PMEmail Poster
^
Tshlin
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Member No.: 3822

Hmm it's a little bit more complicated that I thought, well basically what people are suggesting is to use the tool "ldd" which is a tool to show the shared object dependencies, so if you find libqxcb.so and run "ldd libqxcb.so" it'll tell you if the libraries it depends on are working okay or if there is something missing. So it's a good start to diagnose the problem.

I also found something related for Centos so maybe the solution should be the same for SL here:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/30140/solved-qt-creator-could-not-find-or-load-the-qt-platform-plugin-xcb/6

But maybe you can ask at the QT forums or also at the end of this Geant4 Installation Guide there is a section about "getting help". i suppose they are more qualified to help, they have tested it on this platform.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll