Scientific Linux Forum.org

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> SeaMonkey for SL6
U308
 Posted: Oct 1 2011, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

It's sorted tux99, see my previous post. smile.gif

Other... the adobe reader plugin is not detected, so I can only open pdf's in their own window. Minor niggle.
PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 1 2011, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 224

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 1 2011, 04:38 PM)
It's sorted tux99, see my previous post.  smile.gif

I know, I was just posting my findings. smile.gif

Other... the adobe reader plugin is not detected, so I can only open pdf's in their own window. Minor niggle.

Which version? Do you have the 32 bit plugin wrapper installed?
I haven't tried the adobe reader plugin on 64 bit yet, so I can't tell.

--------------------
My personal SL6 repository, specialized in audio/video software: http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/
(can be used together with EPEL and ELRepo repositories) - repository mirror: http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/linuxtech/el6/
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 1 2011, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

QUOTE (tux99 @ Oct 1 2011, 08:32 PM)

Which version? Do you have the 32 bit plugin wrapper installed?
I haven't tried the adobe reader plugin on 64 bit yet, so I can't tell.

Yes, 32 bit wrapper in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins-wrapped
nswrapper_32_32.nppdf.so

Works nicely with FF3.6x
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

OK, I am happy with Seamonkey 2.4 as my 3rd browser alongside Firefox 3.6x and Opera.
The integrated mail client is great to have.

Apple Trialers:-
I visit Apple Trailers site purely to test whether the quicktime clips will play. Like going to
javatester.org to test java smile.gif
Here Seamonkey is unable to play the clips on my setup, but this comes as no surprise as
the site is notorious for giving Linux users headaches.
Firefox 3.6x plays them perfectly using the totem browser plugin (libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so).
As far as I can fathom this is the same as the one designated Quicktime Plugin 7.20
which Seamonkey wants to use. See image below.
Seamonkey can play .mov files using gnome mplayer, like the one in the image from
http://www.boardfolio.com/surfshowcase_video_2008.html

This won't put me off Seamonkey at all. In any case these trailers could always be viewed
elsewhere (HD Trailers for instance).
I might yet find a solution or discover where I may have gone wrong,
but in the meantime, if anyone can play these trailers with Seamonkey 2.4, kindly post here.

user posted image

PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

I will look into that apple trailer issue as soon as I find time for it, it should work if it works with FF 3.6 since they use the same plugins.

--------------------
My personal SL6 repository, specialized in audio/video software: http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/
(can be used together with EPEL and ELRepo repositories) - repository mirror: http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/linuxtech/el6/
PM
^
zxq9
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

Member No.: 611

A telling illustration with how disillusioned I am with Firefox development is the fact that I'm devoting a little of my time each day to bug testing Konquerer (right now included)[1].

Actually, this is just in parallel with my dislike for Gnome3 at the moment. I hated KDE4 when it originally was released also, but since its somewhat recent cleanup have taken a second look -- and it is pretty amazing when everything works right (not always the case on Fedora -- haven't really given it much time on SL6, though).

Anyway, Seamonkey -- nice, but I'm still looking for that silver bullet that will kill the browser issue for my clients once and for all -- and unfortunately Sticking with Firefox 3.x until it finally dies or even defecting to Opera are looking like the best options right now... and that really makes me grind my teeth, as my customers' money will actually not be going to support what was previously one of my favorite projects: Firefox.

1. Primary problem with it is time to first render on complex pages, and secondary problem is occasional rendering errors on IE-ish pages -- it is otherwise a lot more promising than I'd thought previously, considering how little support the project has (lol)
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

QUOTE (zxq9 @ Oct 2 2011, 06:23 PM)

Anyway, Seamonkey -- nice, but I'm still looking for that silver bullet that will kill the browser issue for my clients once and for all -- and unfortunately Sticking with Firefox 3.x until it finally dies or even defecting to Opera are looking like the best options right now...

Opera is my main browser. I am surpriseed that so few find merit in it. For convenience from
a user interface pov. there is nothing to beat it. Some web pages (very few) may not render
properly mainly because they are not compliant.
Also my banking site only supports older versions which are of course unpatched. For those I just switch to Firefox from Opera via my
custom Firefox button in the toolbar. Also I don't need any add ons with Opera, everything I need is there. Why not try it alongside Firefox ? smile.gif

PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 2 2011, 05:56 PM)

Opera is my main browser. I am surpriseed that so few find merit in it.

It's not opensource. Especially when it comes to browsers I don't trust closed-source, I have no way to check that it doesn't do anything dubious. That said I do have Opera installed on some PCs and use it occasionally for testing, but TBH I don't like Opera 10 or newer, Opera 9 was great.

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 5 2011, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

I am really starting to like Seamonkey, especially the convenience of having mail and composer
integrated.
I often save pages in mhtml (mht) format and was pleased to see the the mozilla archive format extension
does the job well. (Opera of course does this natively - once again no add-ons needed for Opera).
A close button for the tabs was also found, making that a liitle easier. I don't really like any of the Personas
and prefer the default theme. All in all very nice. smile.gif

user posted image

PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

Finished 'testing' and playing with SeaMonkey 2.4
Apart from the 2 niggles previously mentioned everything is perfect.

I am using these add-ons...

Adblock Plus1.3.10 true
Display Mail User Agent1.6.8 true
DOM Inspector2.0.10 true
JavaScript Debugger0.9.88.2 true
Mozilla Archive Format2.0.2 true
NoScript2.1.4 true
SeaTab X1.1.3 true
Speed Dial0.9.6.1 true
ChatZilla false (not tested as I won't be using it)

A final sshot...

user posted image

PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

What skin/theme is that? Looks nice!

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

QUOTE (tux99 @ Oct 8 2011, 02:54 PM)
What skin/theme is that? Looks nice!

Thanks, I thought so too. carbonHUD

BTW. I tested the older version 2.0.13 in vbox running Kubuntu 11.04 and there the adobe reader pdf's open in the browser,
and are of course detected and shown in plugins.
PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 8 2011, 02:21 PM)
BTW. I tested the older version 2.0.13 in vbox running Kubuntu 11.04 and there the adobe reader pdf's open in the browser,
and are of course detected and shown in plugins.

If you want to debug this adobe reader plugin issue a bit further (I currently can't as I would have to install 32 bit libs on the 64 bit box which I wanted to avoid on the build box) then you could try the following:

in SL6 open a terminal window and as 'root' create a new user for test purposes (this is important so that the customized seamonkey config of your personal user doesn't interfere with the tests) and then 'su -' to it:
CODE
su - root
adduser testuser
su - testuser

download the generic mozilla 64bit Linux binary, install it inside the testuser home dir and run it:
CODE
cd /home/testuser
wget http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.4.1/contrib/seamonkey-2.4.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
tar xvfj seamonkey-2.4.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
cd seamonkey*
./seamonkey

Then test if the same problem exists with the generic mozilla 64bit Linux binary.
If yes, then the issue isn't specific to my package but rather either a Seamonkey bug or an issue specific to your setup. If the adobe reader plugin works fine with the generic mozilla 64bit Linux binary then it would mean it's an issue with my package and I will look further into it.

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

Thank you tux99.
You know, I am rather reluctant to add a new (root) user by becoming root (su -) as I will be downloading etc. Maybe I am paranoid.
Is it not possible to test in VirtualBox ?

PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 9 2011, 08:14 AM)
Thank you tux99.
You know, I am rather reluctant to add a new (root) user by becoming root (su -) as I will be downloading etc. Maybe I am paranoid.
Is it not possible to test in VirtualBox ?

You are not adding a new 'root' user but rather adding a normal user (testuser). Only the 'adduser' operation has to be performed as root, that's perfectly safe and required for security reasons (a normal user cannot add new users).
After that you change ('su' = switch user command) to the new user and do the download as the new user. There is no safety risk involved. The download is from mozilla.org so is perfectly safe too.

Once you have finshed all testing, you can simply remove every trace of the test user and its files by doing the following (again as root as only root can add or remove users from the system):

CODE
userdel testuser
rm -rf /home/testuser

After doing this there is no trace left on your system from the testing. The whole point of using a separate testuser is so that you don't interfere with any of the config files of your normal user.

Of course you can also do the tests in virtualbox but that would take a lot more time as you first have do a complete SL6 x64 install and then add acrobat reader and the seamonkey binary from mozilla.

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

Before having read your last post I used your cli instructions and installed seamonkey from an SL 6.0 .iso in vbox. ( I noticed it was version 2.4.1 whereas yours seems to be 2.4 ? ).

Anyway I gave up vbox on seeing what would be needed additionally for the 32 libraries required for adobe reader.

Now I tried as per your cli instructions but get this output after running ./seamonkey :-

[testuser@localhost ~]$ cd seamonkey*
[testuser@localhost seamonkey]$ ./seamonkey
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Error: cannot open display: :0.0

It is obviously a permissions/password thing which of course were irrelevant to the .iso in vbox.

Having not done this before could you kindly point me in the right direction ?

Many thanks.

PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 9 2011, 12:12 PM)
Before having read your last post I used your cli instructions and installed seamonkey from an SL 6.0 .iso in vbox. ( I noticed it was version 2.4.1 whereas yours seems to be 2.4 ? ).

2.4.1 only contains a bugfix for the mozilla-upgrader which is not used in my rpm package (just like all other distros), as upgrades happen via rpm from the repo, not via the mozilla-upgrader, so there was no point in packaging up 2.4.1.
Next package I will do will be 2.5.0 which is expected for November.

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 9 2011, 12:12 PM)

Now I tried as per your cli instructions but get this output after running ./seamonkey :-

[testuser@localhost ~]$ cd seamonkey*
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Error: cannot open display: :0.0

It is obviously a permissions/password thing which of course were irrelevant to the .iso in vbox.

Having not done this before could you kindly point me in the right direction ?

Many thanks.

Yes looks like your Xserver is not allowing the testuser to connect to it when switiching to testuser via 'su - testuser'. Exit that testuser session (Ctrl-D) and as root set up a password for the testuser:

CODE
passwd testuser

once you have set up the testuser password, close the root sesssion in the terminal and log out of the desktop and simply relogin to the desktop as testuser. Then open a terminal and do the cd seamonkey* and then run ./seamonkey.

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

Not much success I'm afraid - will leave for now. Maybe SELinux is somehow interfering.
Noticed -- LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32]
but that is irrelevant due to being root (had to try).
You have helped me plenty, in this case however I will wait till your next release, rather than being bothersome. at least I can open pdf's in a separate window. Thanks again.

Edit:- Having never had the need to switch user as I am a single user, I have the nfs service disabled. Maybe that has something to do with it.
PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 9 2011, 02:09 PM)
Not much success I'm afraid - will leave for now. Maybe SELinux is somehow interfering.

I'm not sure I understand what you did, this was supposed to be a test to narrow down the cause of the problem, not a solution to the problem. Did you actually run the downloaded Seamonkey (2.4.1) from a terminal after logging on to your desktop as testuser?
If yes I guess even the downloaded seamonkey (2.4.1) displayed the same behaviour as the my package (2.4.0)?

Noticed -- LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32]
but that is irrelevant due to being root (had to try).

What exactly did you do to get this error? Did you run the downloaded seamonkey (2.4.1) as root?
This error seems to indicate that the plugin is being called directly, not via nspluginwrapper as it should be. Can you post the output of:
CODE
ls -l /usr/lib*/mozilla/*
rpm -qa|grep nspluginwrapper

You have helped me plenty, in this case however I will wait till your next release, rather than being bothersome. at least I can open pdf's in a separate window. Thanks again.

That's not a problem for me, but unless you don't want to continue to debug this, I would quite like to solve this as I don't think it will solve itself magically with the next version.

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

[testuser@localhost ~]$ cd seamonkey
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXt.so [libXt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32]

Posting this from testuser. SM has only the 3 plugins.

[testuser@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa|grep nspluginwrapper
nspluginwrapper-1.3.0-14.el6.i686
nspluginwrapper-1.3.0-14.el6.x86_64
[testuser@localhost ~]$

[testuser@localhost ~]$ ls -l /usr/lib*/mozilla/*
/usr/lib64/mozilla/extensions:
total 8
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Sep 29 06:36 {3550f703-e582-4d05-9a08-453d09bdfdc6}
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Sep 29 15:10 {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins:
total 1368
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 104560 Aug 13 11:31 gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 104560 Aug 13 11:31 gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 104560 Aug 13 11:31 gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 105672 Aug 13 11:31 gecko-mediaplayer.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 104560 Aug 13 11:31 gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 41 Oct 7 12:50 libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 38 Jun 9 15:50 libnpjp2.so -> /opt/jre1.6.0_26/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 5264 Nov 24 2010 librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 99080 Nov 24 2010 libtotem-cone-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 106888 Nov 24 2010 libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 70904 Nov 24 2010 libtotem-mully-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 79720 Nov 24 2010 libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 489901 Jul 19 01:02 libvlcplugin.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 34 Jul 26 10:21 nsdejavu.so -> ../../netscape/plugins/nsdejavu.so

/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped:
total 500
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 51 Apr 2 2011 gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 50 Apr 2 2011 gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 50 Apr 2 2011 gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 47 Apr 2 2011 gecko-mediaplayer.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 51 Apr 2 2011 gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root testuser 38 Oct 9 18:01 libnpjp2.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 64 Apr 2 2011 librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 50 Apr 2 2011 libtotem-cone-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-cone-plugin.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 49 Apr 2 2011 libtotem-gmp-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 51 Apr 2 2011 libtotem-mully-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-mully-plugin.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 57 Apr 2 2011 libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 39 Mar 7 2011 npwrapper.so -> /usr/lib64/nspluginwrapper/npwrapper.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root walter 126152 Apr 2 2011 nswrapper_32_64.nppdf.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root walter 126152 Sep 24 14:03 nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root walter 126152 Oct 2 19:29 nswrapper_64_64.libvlcplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root walter 126152 Jul 26 10:26 nswrapper_64_64.nsdejavu.so

/usr/lib/mozilla/extensions:
total 0

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins:
total 176
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 179552 Apr 2 2011 nppdf.so

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins-wrapped:
total 248
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 37 Apr 2 2011 npwrapper.so -> /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/npwrapper.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root walter 126052 Jun 29 09:47 nswrapper_32_32.libflashplayer.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root walter 126052 Apr 2 2011 nswrapper_32_32.nppdf.so
[testuser@localhost ~]$
PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

Thanks that output is very useful, I now have a rough idea what the problem is, but I could still need the following info:

Can you tell me which plugins you see listed when you click on 'Help / About Plugins' in Seamonkey (both in the packaged 2.4.0 and in the downloaded 2.4.1) when running as testuser?

Also can you run the following in a terminal when logged in as testuser:
CODE

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped
/usr/bin/seamonkey

Now check if the pdf plugin appears in 'Help / About Plugins' and check if it works correctly.

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

user posted image

These are the plugins in about:plugins. At first run there was no Adobe Reader plugin. Now there is - probably triggered by restart of SM. ( i must be doing something wrong because I can't see/find the packaged version in testuser).

Shockwave Flash

File: libflashplayer.so
Version:
Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1

RealPlayer 9

File: gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so
Version:
Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

mplayerplug-in is now gecko-mediaplayer 1.0.4

File: gecko-mediaplayer.so
Version:
Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

File: gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so
Version:
Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

DivX Browser Plug-In

File: gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so
Version:
Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

Windows Media Player Plug-in

File: gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so
Version:
Gecko Media Player 1.0.4

VLC Multimedia Plug-in

File: libvlcplugin.so
Version:
Version 1.1.11

Java™ Plug-in 1.6.0_26

File: libnpjp2.so

iTunes Application Detector

File: librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so

DivX® Web Player

File: libtotem-mully-plugin.so
Version:
DivX Web Player version 1.4.0.233

QuickTime Plug-in 7.2.0

File: libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so

Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)

File: libtotem-gmp-plugin.so

VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 2.28.6)

File: libtotem-cone-plugin.so

DjVuLibre-3.5.22

File: nsdejavu.so

I don't know what happened but now it's there on the downloaded version. I didn't do anything - maybe a restart of SM triggered it.

Adobe Reader 9.4

File: nswrapper_32_64.nppdf.so

PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

Thanks, you mean before you ran:
CODE
/usr/bin/seamonkey
the pdf plugin wasn't there but after you ran it it was there?

That's what I expected. The command "export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped" sets the correct path to the plugins, by default seamonkey is looking in "/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins" which doesn't contain the wrapped 32bit plugins.

I have to see how to correctly integrate this into the package for the next release.

As a temporary fix you could try adding the following line at the end of your .bashrc file in your home directory:
CODE

If you want you can now delete the testuser and the directory /home/testuser, we don't need it anymore (unless you want to use it for other stuff).

--------------------
PM
^
U308
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

SLF Advocate

QUOTE (tux99 @ Oct 9 2011, 07:32 PM)
Thanks, you mean before you ran:
CODE
/usr/bin/seamonkey
the pdf plugin wasn't there but after you ran it it was there?

That's what I expected. The command "export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped" sets the correct path to the plugins, by default seamonkey is looking in "/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins" which doesn't contain the wrapped 32bit plugins.

I have to see how to correctly integrate this into the package for the next release.

As a temporary fix you could try adding the following line at the end of your .bashrc file in your home directory:
CODE

If you want you can now delete the testuser and the directory /home/testuser, we don't need it anymore (unless you want to use it for other stuff).

tux99, I didn't run "export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped
/usr/bin/seamonkey" The plugin magically appeared - probably restarting SM did it. Strange.
PM
^
tux99
 Posted: Oct 10 2011, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

SLF Moderator

QUOTE (U308 @ Oct 9 2011, 07:45 PM)

tux99, I didn't run "export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped
/usr/bin/seamonkey" The plugin magically appeared - probably restarting SM did it. Strange.
I assume you are talking about the downloaded seamonkey?

Please try running these commands to test if the packaged seamonkey sees the adobe reader plugin too:
CODE
/usr/bin/seamonkey

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll