|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|Scientific Linux Forum.org > Software and applications > Firefox as localapp on LTSP sl6|
|Posted by: Amirul Nov 26 2017, 04:25 AM|
| The following are what I did to get firefox running locally on thinclient and launch applications
on the server from Downloads or links.
1. Get firefox to run on thin client ie make 'ltsp-localapps firefox` work
2. In /usr/bin of thinclient chroot, create executable "toserver", with chmod +x, containing following:
# Run stuff on the server, launched from thinclient
# For this to work, user must have own id_rsa.pub in authorized_keys or authorized_keys2
# so that password is bypassed. Then link desired app to this, for eg.
# ln -s toserver nautilus
DISP=$(echo $HOSTNAME | sed 's/client-//'):$(ls /tmp/.X11-unix/ | sed 's/X//')
for var in "$@"; do CMDVARS+=$(printf "%q " "$var"); done
ssh -X $LOGNAME@server DISPLAY=$DISP $CMD $CMDVARS
## or ##
ssh -4 -Y -o Ciphers=arcfour $LOGNAME@server DISPLAY=$DISP $CMD $CMDVARS # quicker?
2a. could have below in ~/.ssh/config to reuse connection?
3. For each application needed, create link in chroot /usr/bin
For example for nautilus
ln -s /usr/bin/toserver /usr/bin/nautilus
4. To get ssh to run without password, each user has to have its own id_rsa.pub in authorized_keys
ssh-keygen -t rsa
cat .ssh/id_rsa.pub >> .ssh/authorized_keys # or authorized_keys2
5. Get the mime type correct, ie recreate server mimetypes in chroot
cp /usr/share/mime/packages/nautilus.xml /path-to-thinclient-chroot/usr/share/mime/packages/
cp /usr/share/applications/gnome-nautilus.desktop /path-to-thinclient-chroot/usr/share/applications/
..in thinclient chroot do
6. Repeat 3. 4. & 5. for each application needed
7. Set the firefox tmp directory to somewhere in home, so that you can open files directly,
browser.cache.disk.parent_directory = ~/.tmp
DOES NOT WORK. Temporary downloads still go to /tmp on the thinclient
TMP=~/.tmp TEMP=~/.tmp firefox also no joy cause orbit-username, a dir of sockets, has to be on thinclient
Have to find a way to move /tmp/mozilla_username0 to the server
8. ??? FIX ME: Downloading from Google Drive broken. Get "The page isn’t redirecting properly"