Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Problem installing SL from Debian, Installation issues
j_mcbo
 Posted: Jan 10 2017, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3811

Dear all; I'll try to be consistent and go straight to the point.
I have a DELL T5610 with Debian; but I have issues with drivers, more specifically the core fans; therefore any time I run my code (CFD) the system just shuts down; I suspect that the problem is due to the fans I do not know. Befre I had Windows (sorry about that) and It worked perfectly and the fans used to speed up very fast.

Now I want to give a try with SL, I downloaded the installer SL-7.2-DVD-x86_64-2016-02-02.iso and I mount it in a flash drive. Before I tried with SL-7.2-x86_64-netinst.iso and another error showed up.
The error that I am corrently getting is that "you need to load the kernel first"

Since this is my first experience with Linux I do no know if the problem is because I already have another distro installed and that is what is giving the conflict. Please bear with me and thank you very much in advance!!

PMEmail Poster
^
inittux
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

Group: Members
Member No.: 953

QUOTE (j_mcbo @ Jan 10 2017, 06:23 PM)
Dear all; I'll try to be consistent and go straight to the point.
I have a DELL T5610 with Debian; but I have issues with drivers, more specifically the core fans; therefore any time I run my code (CFD) the system just shuts down; I suspect that the problem is due to the fans I do not know. Befre I had Windows (sorry about that) and It worked perfectly and the fans used to speed up very fast.

Now I want to give a try with SL, I downloaded the installer SL-7.2-DVD-x86_64-2016-02-02.iso and I mount it in a flash drive. Before I tried with SL-7.2-x86_64-netinst.iso and another error showed up.
The error that I am corrently getting is that "you need to load the kernel first"

Since this is my first experience with Linux I do no know if the problem is because I already have another distro installed and that is what is giving the conflict. Please bear with me and thank you very much in advance!!

How did you create your bootable usb? With Scientific Linux I've had better experience creating a bootable usb with liveusb-creator

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll