> SELinux with ownCloud?, Forbidden when accessing via HTTP/HTTPS
avamk
 Posted: May 24 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

SLF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 127

Hello,

I've just unpacked a fresh install of the newly released ownCloud 4.0 into my /var/www/html/ directory ran by Apache 2.2 on a relatively fresh install of Scientific Linux 6.2.

When I try to access https://[my domain]/owncloud/ I get an access denied "Forbidden" error (this also happens when I try to access it via HTTP). I confirmed that Apache is working correctly because I get to the default welcome page. I also discovered that ownCloud works when I set SELinux to Permissive.

In the interest of security, I guess it would be better to keep SELinux in Enforcing mode, but find a way to have it allow ownCloud to function. I don't know if or how this matters, but ownCloud uses PHP scripts extensively and creates its own SQLite database.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to allow ownCloud with SELinux? I don't know much about SELinux other than how to see its status with the getenforce command.

Thank you very much!
PM
^
joka
 Posted: May 28 2012, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

I've tried owncload 4.0 shorty on a virtual machine and did not encounter particular SELinux problems.
Perhaps your owncloud files got wrong or no labels after unpacking, you may try:

CODE
restorecon -rv /var/www/html/owncload
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll