> SI VERSION CHECK, Confirmation of Current SI Version
hyperskater
 Posted: Aug 30 2013, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2693

Good Day All:

I had been running SI 6.2 (apparently) until this morning when I finally got around to doing a formal upgrade to 6.4. I realize yum keeps one updated, but I thought it was time to get formally caught up.

I followed the procedure as detail on the SI website, which completed without error. Repositories are clean, all seems happy. The odditiy is that upon a reboot, the loading progress bar still shows I am running 6.2. This is more of an OCD thing with me, but I want to confirm somehow that I am in fact on the full 6.4 release. I've read that the progress bar will update with the next kernel release, but I have not been able to confirm that, or find a way to otherwise confirm my SI version. I am running kernel 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64.

I am a relatively experienced SI user, and yes, this is somewhat trivial. However, if I am going to burn some time with an upgrade, I'd like to make sure I am up to date. Any way I can confirm the SI version and fix the boot progress bar? Thanks in advance, all...

--NMM
PMEmail Poster
^
redman
 Posted: Aug 31 2013, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Retired SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 2

When you upgrade from 6.x to 6.y without a new kernel, the version number isn't changed in the bootprocess with the white/blue bar.
Next time you install a newer kernel (I got 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 this morning), it will be automatically corrected.

No idea why or what, but it just happens.
Just enter "uname -r" in the terminal and you will see that you're up to date.

--------------------
"Sometimes the best helping hand you can give is a good, firm push."
PM
^
hyperskater
 Posted: Aug 31 2013, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2693

Hello redman:

That matches up with what I have seen, thanks for the confirmation.

--NMM
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll