Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> NVidia Issue after update 7.2, After Update to 7.2 receive kernel error
sunglant
 Posted: Feb 13 2016, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

SLF Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3319

I have a system used for graphic rendering using the proprietary Nvidia drivers and after upgrading to 7.2 the system kernel panic's and throws aiming error. Does anyone know how to correctly remove driver? or if there is a process that will resolve this error?

Thank you
PMEmail Poster
^
inittux
 Posted: Feb 13 2016, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

Member No.: 953

QUOTE (sunglant @ Feb 13 2016, 09:58 PM)
I have a system used for graphic rendering using the proprietary Nvidia drivers and after upgrading to 7.2 the system kernel panic's and throws aiming error.  Does anyone know how to correctly remove driver? or if there is a process that will resolve this error?

Thank you

Which driver do you have installed? Do you have the drivers installed from some repo or did you manually install by downloading the drivers from the nvidia website?

--------------------
PM
^
sunglant
 Posted: Feb 13 2016, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

SLF Rookie

QUOTE (inittux @ Feb 13 2016, 04:03 PM)
I have a system used for graphic rendering using the proprietary Nvidia drivers and after upgrading to 7.2 the system kernel panic's and throws aiming error.  Does anyone know how to correctly remove driver? or if there is a process that will resolve this error?

Thank you

Which driver do you have installed? Do you have the drivers installed from some repo or did you manually install by downloading the drivers from the nvidia website?

I pulled the latest drivers from the nvidia website for the geforce 210, but its from November 2015, there have been no newer releases as the el repo didn't work initially for graphics rendering and 3d acceleration. The only difference between this system and 3 others all same hardware is that driver so I assume thats why its falling out some kernel module not working cause the driver has an issue with update.
PMEmail Poster
^
inittux
 Posted: Feb 13 2016, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

QUOTE (sunglant @ Feb 13 2016, 10:07 PM)

Thank you

I pulled the latest drivers from the nvidia website for the geforce 210, but its from November 2015, there have been no newer releases as the el repo didn't work initially for graphics rendering and 3d acceleration. The only difference between this system and 3 others all same hardware is that driver so I assume thats why its falling out some kernel module not working cause the driver has an issue with update.

To uninstall the nvidia drivers if I remember correctly you can run the following command as root: nvidia-uninstall

or just run the driver as root with --uninstall behind it.

--------------------
PM
^
sunglant
 Posted: Feb 13 2016, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

SLF Rookie

QUOTE (inittux @ Feb 13 2016, 04:11 PM)

Thank you

To uninstall the nvidia drivers if I remember correctly you can run the following command as root: nvidia-uninstall

or just run the driver as root with --uninstall behind it.

I will try that, of course the machine is 2300 miles away and my vpn router failed, but I will attempt to have someone walk through the process and hope nothing fails.

Thank you.
PMEmail Poster
^
inittux
 Posted: Feb 14 2016, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

SLF Geek

Thank you

What drivers are you running on the other systems? I would uninstall the driver like mentioned below and install the same driver as on the other systems if they work.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll