Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> SL6.5 as virtual machine on MacBook Pro, "Unsupported hardware"
JayB
 Posted: Nov 4 2014, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3273

I am using VirtualBox 4.3.18 on a MacBook Pro with retina display and OS X 10.9.

Yesterday, I successfully installed a Scientific Linux 5.10 guest OS. It works great, and I am very impressed.

Now, I am having problems installing SL 6.5 as a guest OS. I get an error message that unsupported hardware was detected. My only choice is to press OK, after which the Scientific Linux 6 graphic is shown, and the installation hangs.

Has anyone experienced and solved this problem?

Thank you,
Jay
PM
^
helikaon
 Posted: Nov 4 2014, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (JayB @ Nov 4 2014, 09:21 PM)
I am using VirtualBox 4.3.18 on a MacBook Pro with retina display and OS X 10.9.

Yesterday, I successfully installed a Scientific Linux 5.10 guest OS.  It works great, and I am very impressed. 

Now, I am having problems installing SL 6.5 as a guest OS.  I get an error message that unsupported hardware was detected.  My only choice is to press OK, after which the Scientific Linux 6 graphic is shown, and the installation hangs.

Has anyone experienced and solved this problem?

Thank you,
Jay

Hi,
quite strange behavior and i'm not sure what to blame.
Is your virtualization layer - Virtualbox - providing standard hardware? Can you check? Maybe try change type of CPU or something?

Or try download older version like 6.4 and try it out (you can update afterwards if success..)

cheers,

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll