Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dropbox with Delayed Start in XFCE, Nautilus not needed
joutlan
 Posted: Nov 10 2012, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

SLF Inceptor

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

While this is very rudimentary to the likes of Tux and Z, for the rest of us mortals, consider the following: tongue.gif

To start dropbox with a 20 sec delay in XFCE without having Nautilus installed, do the following:

Download the tarball from Dropbox.com and extract it to your home directory. Follow instructions on Dropbox website to compile it **.

Create a script file, namely .dropbox.sh in your home directory, set it as executable and insert the following:

CODE
sleep 20 && /home/YOURHOMENAME/.dropbox-dist/dropbox -i

Lastly go to Settings Manager, Session and Startup and add the following line in this way as a startup item:

CODE
/home/YOURHOMENAME/.dropbox.sh

This is very similar to KDE instructions if you don't want the extra heft of Nautilus installed. Of course if you want dropbox to sleep more than 20 seconds, change that number. Mine is set at 60.

**Install Dropbox via command line:

The Dropbox daemon works fine on all 32-bit and 64-bit Linux servers. To install, run the following command in your Linux terminal.

32-bit:
CODE

cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf -

64-bit:

CODE
cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86_64" | tar xzf -

Next, run the Dropbox daemon from the newly created .dropbox-dist folder.

CODE
~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd

This post has been edited by joutlan: Nov 14 2012, 06:09 AM

--------------------
DΞLL Precision M6700: 17 inch NB//i7-quad w/USB 3.0, 16.0GB, Quadro K5000M 2.0GB DDR3, RGBLED //W8P64/Scientific Linux 6.4 x64
DΞLL Vostro 3350 Nirvana: 13 inch NB w/ IntelSSD// W8Px64 (Work;Games)
Nexus 4 //Android
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll