> Major infrastructure crash after upgrading to rpcbind-0.2.0-13.el6_9.x86_64
renaud
 Posted: Today at 11:52 am
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3876

Hi Everybody,

We are nightly mirroring a repository of sl6 distribution on a local server and our machines (servers and workstation) are upgrading through yum on this repository.

On this night (20170524) around 4:00 AM, our sl6 nis servers (master and slaves) and our nis/nfs clients rpcbind packages was upgraded from rpcbind-0.2.0-13.el6.x86_64 to rpcbind-0.2.0-13.el6_9.x86_64. Nfs servers are NetApps.

When I connect this morning, every rpcbind processes was dead (on about 150 machines) on th same vlan than the nis master. No issue on the others vlans (I have a slave on every vlan), but there are less machines on those vlans.

I tryed to restart rpcbind service, autofs services, ypbind services, but rpcbind crash after some time (btw 5 and 60 minutes).

I had to downgrade the package on th entire machines on the vlan of my nis master, in order to stabilize the situation.

I guess, the package rpcbind-0.2.0-13.el6_9.x86_64 is a "bad patch".

Is there other people who ad the same bad experience with this patch ? If yes, how did you managed this issue ?

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards, Renaud.
PM
^
renaud
 Posted: Today at 12:36 pm
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

PM
^
burakkucat
 Posted: Today at 12:51 pm
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (renaud @ May 24 2017, 12:36 PM)
Bug referenced at RedHat side:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1454876

Yes, that's the one. I was just about to post the link when I saw that you had already discovered the upstream bug report.

--------------------
user posted image 100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.
PMUsers Website
^
renaud
 Posted: Today at 01:54 pm
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Hello,

Thanks for you answer. I wonder why there is not the same bugzilla opened for RHEL6.9, like it is mentioned in the RHEL 7.3 one, comment 6 : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1454876#c6

Regards, Renaud.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll