> Fails to resume from hibernation.
Lievet
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 01:40 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3849

Hi.

I'm trying to hibernate a system based on RHEL7, but fails to resume from hibernate, giving a bug error. Here is a screenshot of the bug:

user posted image

Actually, there is a strange fact. If I hibernate my laptop in a fresh run (i.e: without to open any program or touchanything, it resumes correctly. But if I start to open things and do some other random stuff (for example, running firefox, mounting an external HDD) it fails to resume.

Here is the log of the crash: http://pastebin.com/Xv8tnH43

Also, I got this message: 'ABRT has detected 2 problem(s). For more info run: abrt-cli list --since 1490229587' but since there are a lot of logs I didn't know which one could be helpfull so I didn't post it here (instead of post all of them).

Any idea or help is welcome.

Best regards,

Lievet.
PM
^
helikaon
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Lievet @ Mar 23 2017, 01:40 AM)
Hi.

I'm trying to hibernate a system based on RHEL7, but fails to resume from hibernate, giving a bug error. Here is a screenshot of the bug:

user posted image

Actually, there is a strange fact. If I hibernate my laptop in a fresh run (i.e: without to open any program or touchanything, it resumes correctly. But if I start to open things and do some other random stuff (for example, running firefox, mounting an external HDD) it fails to resume.

Here is the log of the crash: http://pastebin.com/Xv8tnH43

Also, I got this message: 'ABRT has detected 2 problem(s). For more info run: abrt-cli list --since 1490229587' but since there are a lot of logs I didn't know which one could be helpfull so I didn't post it here (instead of post all of them).

Any idea or help is welcome.

Best regards,

Lievet.

Hi,
i looked briefly at the logs you posted, but nothing rings a bell.
What i'd try is to install higher kernel version from elrepo repository.

I use on my laptop:
CODE

uname -a
Linux canis 4.9.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 14:34:22 EST 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

because i had some trouble with stock kernel on my new Lenovo t460p laptop ..

cheers

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll