> Acer Aspire One battery problem
M|A
 Posted: Jan 18 2013, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2200

Hello everyone!!

I have a problem with my notebook acer aspire one AOA150 and SL 6.3.
When the notebook is fully charged and i unplugged the AC, i see like gnome-power-manager says "charging" and it indicates 100% .. It seems like it`s not realize that it`s working with battery.

If I restart the notebook, it indicates the correct porcentage. It only happens with AC and when the battery is fully charged.

I have also tried with SL 5.x and it works fine. It only happens with version 6.x.

Perhaps something that depends on the kernel version?
A problem with devkit-power version?

Any idea?
ThanKs a lot!
PMEmail Poster
^
M|A
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Hello again ....

Does anyone something about that issue? I have been looking for news and it looks like it also happens to more differents notebook models ....

Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
^
helikaon
 Posted: Feb 12 2013, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (M|A @ Jan 24 2013, 01:57 PM)
Hello again ....

Does anyone something about that issue? I have been looking for news and it looks like it also happens to more differents notebook models ....

Thanks!

Hi there!
i personallly doesnt have this problem (SL 6.3 64 bit with KDE 4) because probably i'm not using Gnome - there's probably some glitch there.

But anyway, got one advice for you. What i do when i unplug my laptop - i use "tuned" daemon to select proprietary profile:

CODE

su -
tuned-adm list
tuned-adm profile xxxxxxxxx (replace 'xxxxx..' with correct profile that you listed above - in your case it's gonna be somelike 'laptop-battery-powersave' - i'm typing this from top off my head, so dont rememember exactly)

In case you dont have this service installed, i recommend to install it, it really helps to keep your lappy up on battery.
And you dont need any gui borked tools :-)

cheers,

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
M|A
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Hi helikaon!!

I have tried your solution and it does not work. sad.gif

i have been reading some informations and it looks like it's a bug with upower (devkit-power).

It's only happen with a modern kernel, i don´t understand why ... If i try with SL 5.9 or Centos 5.9 it does not happen.

With a kernel higher that 2.6.18, i get the error ....

Perhaps some change in kernel configuration that makes that happen?
Some options disabled?

I do not know ... wacko.gif

Some idea?

Regards
M|A
PMEmail Poster
^
redman
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Retired SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (M|A @ Feb 13 2013, 09:22 AM)
It's only happen with a modern kernel, i don´t understand why ... If i try with SL 5.9 or Centos 5.9 it does not happen.

With a kernel higher that 2.6.18, i get the error ....

With newer kernels sometimes things change. Certain support dropped, bugs or simply errors occur. Many times these bugs get flushed out with the next update, but depending on the bug it might not find its way into the kernels for RHEL6 (because of stability and such). RHEL focusses on servers, workstations and not on fancy hardware. If you file a bugreport, chances are that they will close it (because they know many bugreports come from clones) and tell you to report it to your Red Hat salesrep (after which they will try to help you).

You could try a livecd/dvd from a recent distro to see if the latest kernels have the problem. That won't help you right now, but it will help you determine if the problem got solved with more recent kernels.

--------------------
"Sometimes the best helping hand you can give is a good, firm push."
PM
^
M|A
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

i have tried many new releases of Linux ( ubuntu 12.10, Fedora 18, LinuxMint 14 ..and many others ) with modern kernels and i get the same error ...

I think some value was changed/deleted from kernels above 2.6.18 version that generates that behavior in my sytem.

i don't know what to try anymore ... sad.gif sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
^
M|A
 Posted: Oct 8 2013, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

I have installed version 6.4 with Gnome and KDE and i get the same results

I have detected that only happen with kernel version upper to 2.6.18.

I thing its something related with ACPI because a get errors in dmesg but i have tried with differents kernel versions and i get the same results.

Does anyone have that issue also?

Best Regards
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll