Scientific Linux Forum.org

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> prob with interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel" member="GetBrightness", server with SL 6.5 stucks
HIT_lutz
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

SLF Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3841

Hi there,

While running a server with SL 6.5 (yesterday I have installed the newes kernel) the following error occurs:
Mar 11 05:01:38 dvserver dbus-daemon: [system] Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.26" (uid=42 pid=3298 comm="gnome-power-manager) interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel" member="GetBrightness" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.7" (uid=0 pid=2236 comm="hald))
Mar 11 05:01:38 dvserver dbus-daemon: [system] Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.26" (uid=42 pid=3298 comm="gnome-power-manager) interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel" member="SetBrightness" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.7" (uid=0 pid=2236 comm="hald))

During the day the above mentioned suddenly brings the server to get slower and slower until the colleagues have to restart for going on working...
I am wondering why such message came up at a server (no laptop)?
I have already de-activated the energysaving and screensaver options at the starting software settings but w/o success...

I hope somebody could give me the crucial hint!
Many greetings from Germany.
Lutz
PMEmail Poster
^
helikaon
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

SLF Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 4

Hi,
i would expect this to be some kind of bug in regards of powersaving functionality, that was triggered with new kernel that you installed.
I think to solve trouble you should try at least one of the below (or all) :-) :
- update whole system
- try to turn off any power saving function in bios level and OS level
- run server in runlevel 3 withou any gnome desktop crap

cheers!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll