Scientific Linux

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Several Harware Issues on Lenovo E535
 Posted: Oct 7 2013, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

SLF Junior

Group: Members
Member No.: 824

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 535 that I use mostly for schoolwork. I installed Scientific Linux which went smoothly, and it works very well, however, there are some issues with hardware. First, I have synclient and the synaptics drivers installed, and I enabled the two fingered scrolling option, but every time I try and do a two finger scroll the pointer jumps all around the screen and doesn't do any scrolling. I've checked the synclient settings and there doesn't seem to be a problem there, so I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. Second, when I went to install the flgrx driver, I followed the instructions here (except using the repo for SL6.4): The problem was when I went to reboot it, rather than being a blank screen (or defaulting to a command line), it would reboot itself. Every time I tried to boot back in it would again reboot, so there was no way to access any of the files on the operating system, so I had to reinstall the entire system again. I'm wondering how I should proceed if I try and install the drivers again. Also, the computer I'm using has openSUSE installed, and I'm using it's grub2 menu, so would it be more advisable to use SL grub?

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll